Learning all you can about Social Media Management is essential nowadays.
Here’s some useful information on how to claim your username across different channels, how to keep a fresh image, and how to work smart.
Social Media Management: Claiming Username on Social Websites
Social Media Management starts with username creation. If you want to have a say over how your brand name is used across social media channels, it is highly recommended to secure your username.
You can start by using a website called KnowEm in order to verify if your username is available on a variety of social media sites.
You can begin by reserving your username on the best known social sites such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
Although you might not plan to be active on most social media networks, it’s still important to at least reserve your username on such sites as this will prevent others from using your brand name as theirs.
Steps To Reserve Your Social Media Username
There are actually 3 steps that you can follow in order to reserve your name across social media channels.
Step 1. Create a Neutral Email
To keep everything in order and in just one place, we recommend you to use a single email for all of your social media accounts. This can be either a business inbox from your company, or you can also opt for a gmail inbox (for example).
Step 2: Create Logins
Once you have chosen your preferred email inbox, then it is time to create the logins for the different social media accounts. As stated below in the article, you can visit KnowEm in order to check if your favorite brand name is available. On KnowEm, simply add your brand name on the “enter name here” box, and then hit the “Check It” button. You will then be directed to a new page where the most recommended social media networks are shown.
If your brand name is available, a link with the word “available” will be showing. By clicking on such link, you will be taken directly to the sign up page for the desired social media site. To learn more about each network, you can simply click on the site’s logo. Instead of “available,” the phrase “too long” can also appear next to the logo for a given social media site.
If this is the case, it is because such website works with a username character limit, so if you think such network is relevant, then we recommend you to shorten your username, not just for such website, but in general. This is because you want to be consistent across all social media channels, and that includes owning the exact same brand name on each one of them. What if your brand name is already taken? You can start by getting in touch with the individual who owns the brand name, and figure out if the person is willing to transfer it to you.
Now, since transferring a name goes against the rules of some social media sites, your best bet is to ask nicely and politely. On the other hand, if you realize that someone is using your brand name, including trademark-protected material, you can actually get in touch with the site itself in order to report such trademark infringement. If this fails, you can opt for picking up a brand name that is just slightly different to the original one.
Step 3: Directing People to the Sites with Activity.
If you are not going to be active on some social media sites, you can post a message on your accounts for those networks in order to direct people to the ones where there is ongoing activity.
Checking Facebook username availability with KnowEm is not always accurate, so we recommend you to do this manually. KnowEm does not check Instagram, so checking this site must also be done manually.
Social Media Management: Establishing your Own Identity
By defining your social media identify across different channels, you will find it easier to integrate you social media work to the overall marketing strategy for your brand name.
This means that your logo, pictures, company data and descriptions, all should be consistent across the different networks, your actual website, local listings, etc.
Social Media Management: SM Makeover
If you have had a social media presence for a while, chances are that some of the data on some of the different social media channels is outdated.
In order to avoid this, try to always keep an eye on all of your accounts in order to make the proper updates, including visual content and fresh information. Also, when it comes to pictures, try to replace low-resolution pics with high-quality ones.
Social Media Management: Don’t Bite More than you Can Chew
And finally, considering that you have a presence on many social media networks, you should ask yourself how much work you can handle on a regular basis.
In order to avoid the overwhelming feeling that shows up when you exceed your real capacity, make sure that your regular updates will be destined for the platforms that are best suited for your company.
Social Media Management: Best Instagram Tips and Best Practices
When a company decides to have a social media presence, usually the default sites where accounts are created are Facebook and Twitter.
Then, if the company opts for a third account, the choice is usually between LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram.
The main question here is: How to integrate Instagram for a business?
If you take some time to experiment with the best practices described below, post on a consistent basis, and also avoid being pushy about your products or services, you are certainly on the right path to have a great corporate presence on Instagram.
How Can I Get Started with Instagram?
You can download the Instagram application for either Android or for Apple’s iOS, or you can also check pictures and follow users directly from the Internet.
In order to upload, edit or share pics, you will need the mobile app as it is not possible to do so from the web. If your company is just getting started with Instagram, there are a few options when it comes to launching your account.
What are the Recommended Image Sizes?
A Profile image should be 110 pixels by 100 pixels. The default size of an Instagram image is 612 pixels by 612 pixels.
This however, is not a problem as any photo that is larger can be resized in order to work in various areas around the website.
Once you have shared exactly 7 pics, the mosaic that is shown at the top of your account is going to be automatically created, and the largest image there will be 409 pixels by 409 pixels.
What are the Top Analytics Tools for Instagram?
Just like with Twitter and Facebook, there are also analytics tools that provide outstanding data for Instagram. Here is the one we recommend: Iconosquare: This website provides free, in-depth metrics such as engagement rates, growth charts and the best times to post.
What about Engagement?
If you have your mind fixed on finding success on Instagram, then you can create goals related to the same numbers the brands you admire are getting.
For example, most big brands obtain a total of 37 likes and comments, in average, for every one thousand followers. In your case, you must multiply your followers by 0.037.
If your brand has 1000 followers, your goal should be to obtain the same, 37 comments and likes. If you have half of that, 500 followers, then you should aim for 18 to 20 comments and likes. On the other hand, if you have more, let’s say 5000 followers, you should aim for 185 comments and likes.
At What Time of the Day Should I Post?
According to some recent research, the best times to post on Instagram are between the times of 5 to 6 pm during weekdays, except on Monday though, when it is advisable to post exactly at 6pm. As you can see, the best time to post on Instagram vary when compared to Twitter or Facebook, and the reason is because of Instagram’s mobile nature. We can also mention the Burrito Principle, which states that it is better to catch people during down time. For example, when they are eating a burrito and have enough time to check Instagram. Another good tip on posting times is related to the Late Night Infomercial effect, which states that you should post when no one else is doing it.
How Hashtags Work?
If you really want your videos and images to be viewed by as many people as possible, you should add hashtags. Using hashtags is quite advantageous as people can find your posts even if they are not following you, and they are also really useful for organizing and branding. When it comes to hashtags, you can either use popular, relevant tags, or you can also use branded ones.
The relevant hashtags are the ones that are compatible with the keyword terms in your image description, or those that are popular within the community. If you want to check out what the best tags for your image are, you can do a search for the tags of your interest. This can help you realize how popular a hashtag really is, and where your image will fit in competing brands.
There are a number of hashtags that are commonly used by Instagram users, such as #selfie, #FromWhereIStand or #throwbackthursday. For more information on these hashtags, you can check the 100-list of hashtags by Webstagram. Now, according to a recent analysis on the effect of hashtags related to the number of likes for an image, it is all about nature and reciprocity. Branded hashtags are very important as they can help you curate user-generated content.
For example, a given company has started a marketing campaign where the main goal is to encourage its fans to submit images, and one of the rules is to add a branded hashtag that is chosen by the company itself. Then, a member of the marketing team who is running the campaign can easily keep track of such hashtag in order to see the user-generated content that has been submitted.
How Many Hashtags per Image?
Instagram allows you to add as many as 30 tags per image. According to some, the key number of hashtags per post is 5. This sounds like a reasonable statement as five tags allows you to keep the image description clean. Now, although five hashtags is great for followers, when it comes to likes, it has been demonstrated that the more tags a person uses, the more likes an image is going to get. For this reason, you must take a decision: using few hashtags and keep followers happy, or use a lot of tags in order to get more likes.
Instagram Posts on Twitter and Facebook: How they Look?
Instagram allows users to re-post their content to other social media networking websites such as Twitter and Facebook. On Facebook, your images look just like the way they look on Instagram, including descriptions, hashtags and links. However, Twitter is different as an image from Instagram appears as a link post.
How do I Add Pictures from my Computer?
There is a variety of reasons why you might want to create a picture on your desktop computer first, to then upload it to Instagram. For example, a company might want to post a high-resolution image taken with a professional camera. The good thing is that this process is pretty straightforward. If you are an Android user, you can just plug in your phone or tablet to the computer, and then just transfer your files. If you have an iOS device, you can connect to iCloud in order to upload your images to the cloud, and then post them to Instagram from the cloud.
How About Instagram Contests?
If you want to recruit followers, an Instagram contest can really help. These are the steps involved:
- Set your goals
- Define relevant metrics
- Pick a hashtag
- Choose a selection method for the winners
- Set up the rules for the contestants, including the terms and conditions.
- Go live: Promoting the content and launching it.
- Support the contest
- Follow up with participants
Best 3rd Party Applications for Instagram?
There are some great third party apps that allow you to upload and edit content. These are some of the most recommended ones:
- Instaframe: This application allows you to create image collages.
- Squareready: With this one, you can turn rectangle images into squares with no cropping involved.
- Picfx: This app offers more than one hundred effects and filters.
- Camera+: This one is an all-in-one photo and editing application.
Social Media Management: Best Twitter Tips, Best Practices
Twitter is one of the most important social media networks, and for that reason, it is also a very important marketing tool. Here is a guide for those who want to use Twitter for marketing purposes but whom are not completely familiar with this social site.
Social Media Management: What is Twitter?
Twitter is a social media network that allows people to connect to others and share information. The numbers associated to Twitter are outstanding: more than 500 million tweets are shared every single day, and more than 284 million people utilize this web service on a monthly basis. Twitter is also a great business tool as it makes it possible for businesses to reach out to prospective clients. Especially because more than 80% of people using Twitter do so via a Smartphone or tablet, so reaching out to potential clients by using this social media network, no matter where they are, is possible.
Social Media Management: Twitter Stats
Here are some of the most relevant stats related to Twitter:
Twitter Usage Stats
- It is a fact that there are more than 20 million fake accounts, but this is a small number compared to the big picture related to the impressive reach that this network possesses.
- If Twitter was a country, it would be the twelfth largest one.
- A Twitter user spends, in average, 170 minutes on Twitter each month.
- Around 55% of Twitter users actually post tweets, the other 45% are lurkers.
- The average number of followers per each Twitter user is a little over two hundred.
- Only about 25% of tweets generate a reply.
Twitter And Brands Stats
- Another big industry name, Facebook, is actually the most followed brand on Twitter, followed by Google.
- More than 60% of brands around the world utilize a variety of Twitter accounts.
- About 60% of the world’s most recognized brands have more than 100,000 followers on Twitter.
- More than 90% of international brands add more than one tweet per day (with 30% of those tweets containing a link).
- International brands post an average of ten daily tweets.
- Ebay is said to be the most engaging brand on this social network.
Twitter Advertising Stats
- Although Twitter can be a costly endeavor, the benefits are quite rewarding.
- Advertising on Twitter is about six times more expensive than advertising on Facebook, however, the CTR or click-through rate of the ads from the former social network is higher than that of the latter.
- Almost 40% of marketing people can generate actual leads using Twitter.
- A Tweet that includes a picture has a much better engagement rate than those that doesn’t.
- Promoting a trend topic for a period of 24 hours has a cost of approximately $200,000.
- A promoted tweet can boost offline sales by more than 25%.
Twitter B2B Marketing Stats
- Twitter possesses the same kind of professional platform as LinkedIn.
- A business to business marketing professional who has a Twitter account is able to generate two times as many leads than one that doesn’t have one.
- A little less than 90% of business to business marketing pros use Twitter in distributing contents.
- Almost 20% of business to business buyers have a tendency of researching services and technologies through Twitter.
Social Media Management: Twitter Definitions
Here are some definitions that can help you interact with current and prospective clients and engage in conversations in the best possible way:
A Tweet is a message that consists of 140 characters or less. Tweets can include simple text, pictures, videos and also links. When it comes to links, it is important to remember that they can take much of the characters on a tweet, so it is always a good idea to use a link shortening tool.
If someone wants to respond to a given tweet, that person must click on the ‘reply’ button. Replying to a tweet makes it possible for users to get closer to followers and to become part of conversations on a regular basis.
Retweeting happens when a user takes a tweet from another person, and tweets it back to his own followers. There are two ways to retweet a message:
- You can use the retweet button.
- Or you can also include your own message and add the ‘RT’ letters ahead of the retweet.
Now, remember, just because you retweet something it doesn’t mean that the other party is going to do the same thing for you. This is a fact related to all social media networks out there. Don’t get frustrated about this, and instead, focus on providing the best customer service experience that you can.
When you ‘favorite’ something, you are showing real appreciation for the content from a given tweet, and in exchange for favoriting a tweet, the person that sent such tweet can end up becoming a follower of your account, so this is indeed an added benefit. The favorite function can also be used as a bookmarking tool, allowing the user to find the same tweet once again with a couple of clicks.
A hashtag can be defined as a single word or a phrase that doesn’t contain any spaces at all and that starts with the # symbol. Using hashtags, a person is able to start, or follow trends on twitter. It also makes it easier for users to track content that even though might not be trendy; it is still relevant for the user. When a person clicks on a hashtag, he or she will be taken directly to the search results page for such phrase or single word.
If you want to bring a tweet to a user’s attention, you can use the mention function. Just add the @username in the message, and it will become visible for that person in particular. The mention function is quite useful in order to thank someone, ask a question, or just to show content that is relevant to the other person.
Social Media Management: Twitter Quick Tips
To have an understanding of the Twitter landscape is crucial when it comes to having a positive impact on this social media network.
The Handle is your username. This is how people identify you on Twitter and it is also utilized as your personal vanity URL. Make sure that you pick a vanity URL that is related to your business. In the event that your desired handle name has already been taken, then you can pick the one that resembles the most. And in this case, that would be one that people can remember your company by. For example, you can use yourbrandcom in order to let people know that your brand matches your domain name.
Since your bio is the only section on Twitter that is customizable (apart from your tweets), make sure to let people know all that you can about your company and how your services can benefit others. You can also include a few hashtags and of course a link to your personal website.
Header and Image
Having an attractive image and header that are related to your business is also recommended. These two images should be different from each other. For your profile, you can utilize your logo, the picture of the owner of the company, or even the picture of the representative who handles the Twitter account. For your header, you can utilize a lifestyle picture that is also related to your industry.
Keywords are those words that are directly related to your business. Think of them as the words people uses to search for you on the web. If you don’t know what the most appropriate words for your Twitter biography are, then you can use a tool such as Google Adwords to give you a hand with the process.
Define Your Brand
Take some time to sit down with any parties involved, and define what the actual business is. This is because if you fail to define your business and brand, your online marketing strategy is likely to fail.
When you post a tweet that you believe is very important to you audience, you want to duplicate that post several times a day. This is because when you post a tweet, you will only be reaching a small number of your audience, so by posting it a few times during the same day, you will improve your visibility rate.
Share a Variety of Content
Written tweets are fine, but you need to complement them with other types of content, such as images and videos.
Apart from posting great content, make sure to also take your time to interact with prospective and existing clients in order to let them know that you are there for them.
Using Direct Messages
If you need to communicate privately with someone with whom you don’t share any other type of contact information, you can use Twitter’s direct message feature in order to get in touch with such type of individuals.
By creating lists, you can size down the number of accounts that you are viewing at a given time. Using lists have the advantage of checking only what is relevant to your business and industry in general.
Social Media Scheduling
If you are not able to post tweets at certain key times of the day, you can schedule such tweets with a tool such as Hootsuite.
Although replying and retweeting is great for your business, you also need to create a good deal of original material yourself.
Having A Purpose
Before you become part of the Twitter community, you must think of a goal for your new account. You may want to improve your sales, increase the number of clients for your business, or a combination of these two factors. Once you have set your goal or goals for your account, the idea of what you want to achieve will become clearer in your mind.
Become Passionate About your Business
If you own a company, it is likely that it is part of an industry which you are passionate about, so it is important that you let your audience know about this.
Sharing Twitter Profile on Other Networks
It is likely that there are people on Facebook whom are following your posts on that social media network, but whom are not connected to you on Twitter yet. Try to reach out to this audience by sharing your Twitter information not only on Facebook, but also on other major online social networks.
This is an excellent tool that can be used when attempting to find individuals that are related to your own industry in order to connect to them on Twitter. Make sure to use your industry keywords on Twellow in order to find the right people.
The Rule of the 2 Ears and One Mouth
Before you tweet something, make sure that you listen to what other have to say on the matter and also do your own research in order to support the validity of your statements on Twitter.
Sharing Stats and Facts
Apart from engaging with your audience, you can also take the opportunity and educate people when you have the chance. Make sure that the stats and facts that you will be sharing are related to your industry or at least are attractive to the majority of you audience.
Send your Tweets to Other Networks
Another good practice that can provide you with some great results is to share your tweets on other important social media networks such as Facebook and LinkedIn. Make sure to share content that is appropriate for each type of social media network.
Joining Twitter Chats
Twitter chats is a function of this social media network that is heavily under-utilized, however, it is important to make use of it. When you participate in Twitter chats, make sure that you do so as an individual person, and not as the company itself. This is because you want to create personas or avatars that people can engage with, instead of prompting people to get your products repeatedly.
Do a Twitter research for phrases that are related to your industry. For example, if you are running a local pizza place and want to serve the residents from your area with an express service, you can search for people near you who are tweeting about craving for pizza in order to provide them with a special offer.
Twitter Ads and Analytics
A great feature related to Twitter Ads is that you can use the analytics part of it to your advantage. Using this data, you can have a better idea of what your true Twitter audience and exposure are, amongst other key metrics. You really don’t have to spend a lot of money on an expensive campaign in order to get good metrics as a low cost campaign can also provide you with a lot of good information without having to go over budget.
It is also important to point out that the revised version of Google Analytics includes a social media area (check under Acquisition), which shows the user the referral traffic that comes from social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. This is quite relevant because it provides you with insightful information on what type of content is doing well on Twitter. With this information at hand, you can create content that is based on the posts that are getting the most traffic on Twitter.
Social Media Management: Facebook Numbers, Pages, Groups and Campaign Tips
Facebook is by far the most popular social media network in the world, and with so many people using their accounts on a regular basis, investing time on this website is a great idea for online marketers. In this section of our social media management guide, we talk about the numbers related to Facebook, and we offer tips on pages, groups and general marketing campaigns.
Social Media Management: The Numbers
The numbers associated to the most popular social network are quite impressive:
Social Media Management: Facebook…
- Have 1.4 billion monthly active users. This is an increase of 13% per year.
- It generates 4.5 billion daily likes.
- Almost 900 million people log into Facebook every day. This represents an increase of 18% per year.
- As of 2015, there are almost 2 billion mobile active users, or MAUs. This represents an increase of 26% per year.
- There are more than 220 million European Facebook users.
- The most common user in Facebook belongs to the 25 to 34 age group (this represents 30% of overall users).
- Every second, 5 new Facebook profiles are created.
- According to some recent studies, Facebook users are divided like this: 47% male and 53% female.
- Mid-week, and between the hours of one and three in the afternoon, is when this website receives the most traffic is. Knowing this can help you determine when it is better to do important status updates, and when to introduce new offers and products to prospective customers.
- Engagement is 18% higher during Thursdays and Fridays.
- There are around 83 million fake profiles. However, some of these fake accounts are indeed relevant for a business marketer because prospective clients might be hiding behind them.
- People upload as many as 300 million pictures a day.
- Average users spend around 20 minutes on Facebook each time they access this social network. This means that you have just a short window to introduce your ideas and your products to prospective clients, so don’t forget about this when you’re planning a new Facebook marketing campaign.
- Every minute on Facebook: More than 500 comments get posted. More than 290,000 statuses are updated, and over 135,000 pictures are uploaded. This leads us to the conclusion that a good marketing strategy and high-quality material are key in order to remain competitive.
- Over 4.7 billion fragments of content are shared every day.
- Over 50% of people 18 to 24 log into Facebook when they wake up.
- Of every 5 web pages Americans view, one is from Facebook. What this means is simple: If your company wants to get clients from the U.S.A., Facebook is certainly a tool to consider.
- Over 40% of marketing professionals believe that Facebook is crucial or at least very relevant to their business.
- As of today, over 15 million local business pages have been created on Facebook. This represents an increase of more than 90% per year.
- Over 7 million promoted posts are created every year on the largest and most popular social network.
Social Media Management: Facebook Pages and Groups
Social Media Management: Facebook Pages
A Facebook Page, makes it easier for prospective customers to find you on this social media network. A page also allows a social media manager to have 1-on-1 chats with clients, improving the overall customer service experience for the business. A Facebook page is also helpful to contact particular groups of people using messages especially crafted for their specific needs.
Facebook Pages include their own set of analytics, which allows the page administrator to understand better who the company’s Facebook page visitors are. After a page has accumulated a given number of likes, the page administrator can claim a customized, or vanity URL. If it is available, your page can end up looking like this facebook.com/yourcompany
Your Facebook page should be perceived as a virtual extension of your company for both mobile and desktop devices. For this reason, remember to include important marketing materials such as the direct URL for your official website, and a contact phone number.
Who are they?
Before you start managing your Facebook page, consider the following:
- What are the things that your ideal clients have in common?
- What is their age group, and what is the place where most, or all of them live at?
- How is your business going to help them?
One of the top goals for a Facebook page is to get the most people as possible to like it. In order to improve your chances of getting likes, check out the options that are available under the “Build Audience” button:
- Invite Friends: Let those close to you know about your page in order to get their support, and of course their likes. This first set of likes will bring credibility to your page before you even start getting the word around on other social media circles.
- Self Like: Apart from your prospective clients and visitors, you can like your Facebook page yourself. By doing so, you are supporting something you believe in, and that factor certainly brings credibility to your business. Not only on Facebook, but also on other social media circles.
- Inviting Contacts: You can also upload a list with the emails of specific people in order to send them the information about the newly created Facebook page.
Social Media Management: Facebook Groups
Facebook Groups are growing more popular every day. We all know them, and we all have used them in some way or another, but, have you considered opening your own set of groups in order to improve client experience? Below you will find a great deal of information related to integrating Facebook groups to your online marketing strategy.
Networking with Dedicated Fans
This is a group that you can open in order to interact with your most dedicated set of clients. Those who believe in what you do and share your overall vision. These groups are also known as ambassador groups, and they are indeed the most important of all types of groups. Make sure that the members of this group always feel good. Even pamper them with gifts such as t-shirts, or other promotional material, shipping-free.
How about a hand-written note? Sending one of these through regular mail to your clients will certainly make them feel that they are indeed quite valuable for your company. Since this is a place that is filled with people who shows a genuine interest in your business, you can use this group in order to:
- Get feedback on new services or products
- Recruit affiliates
- Respond to important questions (or tag people who can)
- Recruit mentors (you can also create a separate group for these individuals)
- Sharing your company achievements (let everybody know about the good things related to your business, and encourage them to share the news with others)
Support your Current Clients
This is the group for your current clients. In order to start building this community, encourage your new and actual customers to join by sending them an email, or by contacting them in a different way. Also, don’t forget to get a person to join the group the second such individual becomes your customer. If you send a welcome email to your new clients with a link to the group, then this is the perfect way to invite those whom are new to your business to join this particular group on Facebook. You can use this group for:
- Being generous to your clientele (offer free tips, tricks and other how-to’s, for example).
- Inviting members of your dedicated group so they can share their experiences about how your business has improved their lives.
- Being present and transparent (answering to complaints or comments quickly; thanking others for their input, for example).
- Being inclusive (Make sure to offer stuff on this group that is not actually listed on your public social media profiles. By doing this, you will make the members of this group feel like they are part of an exclusive club).
- This is the place from where you will be able to pick more members for your dedicated group, so if they are involved enough, ask them to join the dedicated group as well.
Nurturing Customer Segments
As a marketer, one of your main goals is that one of identifying customer personas. This means that you must be able to tell what type of clients you have, what their concerns are, and also how your services or products are going to meet their possible needs.
If you have segments of clients that are quite different one from the other, then you can create a separate Facebook group for each one of these client segments. Here’s a good example: create different groups based on languages! You can also opt for creating different groups for the different segments of your dedicated fans group, for example.
Social Media Management: Facebook Campaigns
Here are some valuable tips for your Facebook marketing campaign:
- Personalize your “About Me” section. Make sure to add all the information that you can about your company, including data about the owners, and all the people involved (try to make it short and sweet though).
- As you grow your fan base, the numbers of posts that you’ll add to your Facebook page or profile will also increase in number. With that said, make sure to answer the questions of passionate fans on time, but don’t make the mistake of ignoring the new ones.
- An online content strategy that works is based on what you post, and how you post it. Use great titles, descriptions and relevant hashtags (hilarious ones, tagging people’s names on comments) in order to come up with a successful Facebook page and profile.
- Of your posts, 80% should be social, while only 20% should be aimed at promoting your services or products. Try to avoid going vice versa, as offering your products or solutions to your audience all the time will just draw people away from your Facebook Page or profile.
- Be appreciative of client interaction! Even when a customer makes a negative comment, if managed properly, the social media manager of a Facebook profile or page can turn it into a positive one in the form of a thank you, or even an apology. Try to avoid making posts that are longer than 100 characters. This is because according to some recent studies, posts under that range received 65% extra engagement.
- A picture can also do the trick, so don’t be afraid to use them as well. And make sure to resize them, so the photos can be fully visible on your wall. It’s preferable to grow your fanbase as organically as possible. This means to play by the rules and avoid any black hat tricks that can end up costing you your reputation with Facebook.
- Ask questions! People in Facebook surely love to answer questions. In fact, posts that contain questions are ranked amongst those with the most comments. For example, go ahead and ask questions about a new product or service that you are launching. The feedback that you can get can be invaluable as it comes directly from people that are actually interested in what you have to offer.
- Try to avoid cluttering the newsfeed of your fans! A lot of people believe that Facebook is a great place where they can interact with their favorite brands. However, most individuals don’t appreciate to be inundated with marketing posts, and that is one of the main reasons why many individuals UNLIKE a brand.
- The content that you share on Facebook should be of good quality. A Facebook page is all about the type and quality of content that offers. For this reason, it is recommended to take advantage of all the possible rich media formats available out there in order to make the page as appealing to the eye of the prospective buyer as possible.
- Think about if your post is capable of sparking an emotion on your target audience. If you think the post is good enough so others will feel prompted to share it, then you are on the right path. Also, schedule your posts! If you want to post certain type of content at a time when you won’t be able to be in front of your computer, then just schedule the post, and Facebook will post it automatically at your most convenient time.
- You can also use the Pages manager app from Facebook in order to keep an eye on new posts and comment when you are on the go. Don’t forget about testing! Don’t be afraid to get experimental. Test different methods, during different times of the day. In fact, this is the only way in which you will be able to find out what actually works for your Facebook business presence, and what doesn’t.
- Be a Facebook User! If you really want to understand what the fuzz is all about, you really need to experience Facebook yourself. This means that you must create a personal Facebook profile in order to see things from the perspective of the consumer. Act as a consumer would, and then you will be able to take care of people’s concerns and requests in a better way.
- Facebook offers a great window of opportunities, such as obtaining people’s email addresses. Try to get your fans out of Facebook and into your emailing list. Once they’re there, it will be easier to turn them into conversions. and you can hook them up by offering an incentive to provide you with their email addresses.
- You really don’t want people to visit you to then leave immediately. In order to avoid this scenario, you should place a call to action or CTO in order to get people interested enough so they can stay longer and explore what you have to offer on your Facebook page. This can be a series of things, such as a cover photo pointing to the like button, for example.
- Create content that is exclusive to the fans of your Facebook page. If becoming a fan of your page is the only way in which people can find out what is the mystery surrounding it, it is likely that many are going to like your page just for the sake of curiosity. For this, you can use a Static FBML app; just do some research on Google about it for more information on the subject.
- You can also post a weekly pin. Facebook makes it possible for a business to pick a single post per week in order to be featured at the top of the company’s page. This is the perfect way to push any type of specific info to your audience, and, since these pins last only for a week, you can renew them with fresh info all the time.
- A milestone on Facebook doesn’t have to be just about a graduation or about a relationship update. It can also serve to highlight the accomplishments of your company. Don’t forget about creating a calendar with important events, such as holidays and even the Super Bowl, and link your posts to such events. Always be on the lookout for any sort of spam. Check both your wall and your comments for this unwanted activity on a regular basis.
Here are some tricks and tips related to your cover photos: Make sure your cover photo is more an actual picture than pure text. You can apply a couple of Photoshop tricks in order to make both your profile picture and your cover image appear as they are one single image. Another option is to create plenty of contrast between the profile picture and the cover photo, especially if the profile picture is the company logo. as you really want people to clearly see the logo of your business when they visit your Facebook page or profile.
Show people that identifies with your company’s purpose. Don’t be afraid about updating your Facebook cover photo! In fact, doing so is a great idea for a few reasons. On one hand, your page remains always fresh for those who visit your page on a regular basis.
You can also use your cover photo to let people know about a brand new contest or promotion that your company is running, for example. If you want people to know about a certain event, your cover photo is a great way to expose it to a broader audience! Also, once you have updated your cover photo, this information is going to show up in the News Feed of the people that are following you. This is indeed another great way to keep in touch with users!
Social Media Management: YouTube – What is It, Stats, and Great Business Tips
Are you planning to run a YouTube business campaign for your business? If that is the case, then you should read on, as here we offer you a great deal of information on how to get things done the proper way, including info on what YouTube is, its most relevant numbers, and also some outstanding business tips.
Social Media Management: What is YouTube?
YouTube is a company that has its headquarters in San Bruno, California. This is a video-sharing site which is the creation of 3 individuals formerly associated to PayPal. Back in November 2006, the company was acquired by industry giant Google for $1.65 billion, and now it operates as a subsidiary of the aforementioned company.
This social video website allows people to upload and share their own videos and also watch the ones that have been posted by others. The site works with top-of-the-line technology, such as the latest Adobe Flash version and HTML5, which makes it possible to display a good variety of video media.
On YouTube, people can find regular video clips from users, shorts from TV, music videos and educational ones, amongst others. The majority of the content that is present on YouTube is from regular users, but giant media companies also upload their own videos.
If a person is not registered, he can watch videos, but in order to upload, the person must have a YouTube account. YouTube offers all kinds of materials, including potentially offensive clips, so, in order to view this type of content, the user must be a registered one who affirms to be at least eighteen years of age.
Social Media Management: Quick Tips for YouTube Videos
- Add the right metadata to all of your uploads, including both the tags and the headlines.
- Use attractive thumbnails that are engaging for your target audience.
- Don’t forget to add annotations as they really grab the attention of viewers.
- Share special content strategically, which means doing so before a big sporting event or holiday.
- Create videos related to product demonstrations.
- Add presentations.
- Upload some interviews with people that are considered influencers in your industry.
- Add videos with positive client testimonials.
Here are some of the most impressive numbers related to Youtube:
- There are more than one billion users.
- The revenue for 2014 for this social media website is equal in number to its daily views: Four Billion.
- In total, people watches more than six billion hours of videos on Youtube every single month.
- Over 300 hours of video are uploaded, and 7000 hours of video are watched on Youtube every single minute.
- Another interesting statistic related to Youtube is that more than one million videos are watched on mobile devices every day of the week.
- Almost 90% of adults on the web believe that they are frequent users of this social video site.
- Almost 40% of views on Youtube are related to music videos.
- Over 55% of the traffic for this social video website comes from smart mobile devices.
- The largest partner of Youtube is the popular VEVO.
- More than 80% of the traffic on Youtube comes from outside the United States.
- More than 70% of millenials (the people between the ages of 15 and 34) are frequent monthly visitors of the website.
- The industry of electronics was the most popular on Youtube during 2014.
- Videos from Youtube have more chances of appearing on the first search engine results page (SERP) for Google than other type of content.
- Video content has almost 45 times higher CTR (click-through rate) than that which is text-only.
- Almost 60% of people don’t have a problem with watching a video to its completion, if the video is of one minute or less.
- More than 90% of people who uses their mobile devices to watch videos on YouTube share those videos with others.
- More than 65% of marketers have reported that video is able to convert much better than other mediums.
- When a marketing professional included a video inside an email, the CTR or click-through rate raised by 200 to 300 %.
- Over 60% of executives have felt the necessity of visiting the website of a vendor after they have watched a video. And almost 40% of them have called the vendor personally.
- It is a proven fact that people spends almost 90% of their time online on websites which contains videos.
- Around 65% of online consumers are likely to acquire a service or product after they have watched a video about it.
- People who are fond of watching web videos are likely to stay as much as two extra minutes on a site than people that is not that fond of videos.
- Almost 60% of senior executives are fonder of watching a video, than of reading a piece of text, considering both options are available on the same page.
- If you add a video to a landing page, you increase your chances of getting conversions by 80%.
- Little less than 25% of worldwide brands are utilizing online videos in order to offer their products or services.
- Videos which include a thumbnail get more than 150% clicks from females.
- Videos that are 15 seconds or less in length are 4% more popular with audiences than those that are 31 to 60 seconds in length.
Social Media Management: YouTube Business Tips
Creating Buzz, Suspense
If you feel ready to launch a brand new service or a product, then a YouTube video can be a great solution when it comes to generating buzz and getting prospective clients excited. It is a good idea not to reveal all the details related to the new offering right away on the same video. Instead, you can create a variety of videos with the goal of spacing the information across the different segments of your niche market. You can also opt for adding some suspense at the end of the video. This means to leave an element of the product, or service, to the imagination of the end user.
Creating video tutorials is a great way to get people engaged. When it comes to learning about something, most individuals nowadays prefer to watch a video than to read a text document on the subject. Don’t wait until your users start creating tutorials about your products or services. Instead, take the initiative of putting together some great tutorials yourself.
Indeed, the days of spending a lot of money on studio equipment are gone. Now everybody can get their hands on a good device that allows recording 1080p hard-definition video. Since YouTube allows people to watch videos in 1080p resolution, you should create your videos with this in mind, as if you offer high-quality stuff, prospective buyers are going to believe that your products or services are also of great quality.
Fresh and New Content
In order to get as many followers as you can, you need to create content that is fresh and that either entertains, informs, or both. You should also pick a single topic and try to become an expert at it in order to bring a certain degree of credibility to your online presence. Your goal must be to get people to really want to follow you, and to look forward to your next video post.
If you feel that your company can really find a benefit in using YouTube, then one of your priorities should be to create a posting schedule and sticking to it! Also, just because you are posting frequently it doesn’t mean that people are going to automatically show up on YouTube to watch your videos. For this reason, your best bet is to share your video across a variety of social media networks in order to get the best possible exposure.
If you are producing awesome videos, you should have an audience to watch them! In order to avoid wasting your time, you should measure how well your videos are performing, and you should also analyze demographics and sources of traffic in order to guide your YouTube campaign in the best possible direction.
YouTube Built-In Analytics: YouTube offers a great set of analytics, which can be easily accessed using the small gear at the top of the page. When using this tool, you should focus on elements such as engagement, traffic source and also demographics.
Learning from the Competition
In order to have a better idea of what you need to do to be successful with YouTube videos, check out the ones that have been created by the competition. Keep an eye for the things that makes their videos attractive to their target market. Another tool that can help a lot is Rival IQ, which provides outstanding YouTube metrics.
When using Rival IQ, pay special attention to both Post Engagement Rate and Subscriber Percentage. If you are able to measure your performance on YouTube on a regular basis, you can verify what videos are doing well with your target audience, and which ones are not being perceived so positively. Indeed, analyzing your past performance is key when it comes to becoming successful on YouTube.
Call to Action
Before you upload a company video, you really need to think about how you want viewers to respond to it. This means that you need to include a call to action, and you need to know how, and when to do it in order to make such CTO attractive to your prospective audience. A call to action can be either to invite someone to subscribe to your channel, provide you with some feedback on your work, or contacting you for extra information, just to name a few.
Customize your YouTube Channel!
Your YouTube channel should represent your business or company well. Instead of looking like other regular YouTube pages, it should be different from the rest. Have a great background, use cool colors, pictures, links and relevant data. In other words, you should use these customization tools in order to reinforce the identity of your brand.
Brainstorm your Titles
Since people search in YouTube using keyword terms and subject-related phrases just like in Google, you should try to make your titles as creative and descriptive as possible. You should include keywords that identify your video and that are appealing to your target audience.
Pick the Right Tags and Categories
When you upload a video, YouTube will ask you to choose a category for it. Make sure that the one that you pick fits your business. When it comes to tags, you should use the ones suggested by YouTube since they are automatically chosen by the social media website based on what users frequently search for.
Make sure to add descriptions that are sweet and short. This means that they should be informative yet small enough so people can take on them in a single quick read. Try to describe what your video is all about in just one or two sentences maximum.
By collaborating with other individuals that are part of your industry or niche market, you are definitely adding a lot of credibility to your videos. An alternative to industry experts can be current clients whom can provide positive feedback for your business.
Since there are millions of hearing-impaired individuals whom browse the web on a regular basis and whom can turn into active clients of your business, it is in your best interest to work with subtitles. Just turn on the auto-captioning feature and try to edit the output as much as you can for full accuracy.
Social Media Management: Best Pinterest Tips for your Business
When it comes to social media related to images, Pinterest is indeed the most popular website. Here we are offering you some great tips (and numbers) on how to use this social networking site to promote your business and brand.
Social Media Management: Top Pinterest Tips
When it comes to search engine optimization for Pinterest, the best practices begin with the username. For business purposes, the username that is chosen for Pinterest should match the ones from other social media profiles, such as the account for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
By doing this, a company will make it easier for prospective clients and people in general to find its brand across a variety of platforms. However, it is important to mention that Pinterest limits usernames to 15 characters, so before choosing a username for any social media network in particular, the brand must choose one fits all of them.
Now, if a given company has been using other social networks for a while, and some time later decides to open a Pinterest account, it is possible that the username that the brand has been using on other social media accounts is taken on Pinterest. If this is the situation, then the company’s best bet is to pick a username that contains related keywords, that is also memorable, and that fits the brand perfectly.
The next step is to fix your attention on the ‘About’ section, which provides the user with 200 characters, which can be used to add relevant keywords related to the company and its industry. These characters should be used to cover the important questions of who, what and where related to your business. When creating the ‘About’ for your company, try to find a balance between being concise and being descriptive.
Search Privacy Settings
Pinterest also allows the user to pick if he wants to appear in Google’s search results or not. In order to allow for this to happen, you need to visit the ‘Search Privacy’ section under Settings, and make sure that this option is set to ‘No’. Otherwise, the profile for your business is only going to be available for people that do internal searches on Pinterest.
Pin Descriptions, Images
In April, Pinterest launched Guided Search, a refresher that allows pinners to go through all the content from the platform in order to find what they are interested in. This is quite relevant, as strong, emphasized titles, descriptions and comments that are linked to your Pins can become more visible to other members’ searches.
Descriptions: Don’t be Brief, Be Compelling
Although being brief is appreciated by users, if you want to be found, it is more effective to use as many of the 500 characters that Pinterest provides in order to create compelling, keyword-rich descriptions. Think like a prospective client of your company so you can visualize what others will search for when they are looking for the products or services that you offer, and make sure to use the kind of language that such prospects understands clearly.
Hashtags are also an important part of descriptions. They are useful because they help you to organize your content, and they also enhance the searchable properties of your content.
Although Pinterest uses default titles such as ‘My Lifestyle’, those titles are indeed too generalized and broad. It’s in your best interest to rename such titles in order to increase their potential to be found on searches. For example ‘My Lifestyle’ can be divided into a variety of boards such as ‘My car’, ‘My home’, ‘My Hobbies’, etc.
Instead of uploading your images to Pinterest with their default name, you should rename those using keywords that can help the search engines figure out what a given image is all about.
A backlink can be described as a link that leads users directly to a certain area of your own website. These backlinks are more than important for your SEO strategy as Google and other search engines use them to measure your relevancy. It is precisely for this reason that it is so important to have as many backlinks as possible.
Every single time a Pin is either pinned or repinned, a backlink is automatically created. So, the more a given pin is shared, the more backlinks associated to that Pin are created. With that said, it is also important to mention that it is better not to go overboard in order to avoid appearing spammy to the search engines.
Verify your Website
It is also very important to verify your website and add the necessary seals of guarantee to it so people can be 100% sure that your profile from Pinterest is the official one for your business and not just another copy-cat web portal. A major reason for doing this is because according to some recent studies, Pinterest users are more likely to share content from a verified profile than from one that is not.
Social Media Management: Pinterest Numbers
A 3rd of Pinterest Sign-ups are by Males
There is no denying in the fact that Pinterest is a website that is widely popular with females, and the numbers confirm it: Out of the 72 million Pinterest users, over 70% are accounts that belong to women. However, it seems that in more recent times these demographics are changing and now more and more men are becoming members of this social media website.
Another great stat that can come handy when creating your marketing strategy for Pinterest is that more than 75% of daily usage comes from mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Pinterest usage on mobiles also tends to increase during weekends and also during the evening. Over 90% of Pinners engaged in online shopping during the last 6 months.This percentage of individuals includes both men and women.
An interesting piece of data is that when people is referred by Pinterest, they are 10% more likely to purchase something on e-commerce websites when compared to the users from other social media sites, and they are also likely to spend two times as much as people referred by Facebook.
People Who See Pins Are Larger in Number than Followers
Although most people Pins something because they want to keep it for themselves, any picture that is re-pinned automatically spreads to their own set of followers, allowing for extra visibility for Pins.
Pins with Prices Get More Likes
Users from Pinterest really appreciate details, and adding prices is certainly part of that relevant data. According to Pinterest, a pin that shows the price of an item in a picture get more than 35% more likes than pics without a price tag. This is indeed why Pinterest is a great option for all sorts of retailing companies out there, and not using it is doubtless a missed opportunity. These Pins are also known as Rich Pins, and there are 5 types:
Pictures with No Faces Get Repinned More
Recent data has shown that pictures on Pinterest that doesn’t contain faces are more popular with users, and get repinned almost 25% more than those that do contain faces.
The Words ‘Cup’, ‘DIY’ and ‘Recipe’ Have the Most Resonating Power
Sure, such words might not be relevant for all businesses out there, but they certainly serve as a reminder of how important it is to optimize your posts on Pinterest as better as you can for your target audience. For this reason, it is recommended to use great descriptions, both on Pinterest, and also for the stuff that you Pin directly from your own website.
Promoted Pins Perform for Longer Periods of Time
Just like with promoted content from Facebook or Twitter, a promoted Pin at Pinterest performs well, and longer, even after a given marketing campaign is over.
Social Media Management: LinkedIn Tips What is it, Numbers, Best Practices
LinkedIn is a social networking website that is business-oriented. The company was found in December 2002 and it went live on May 5, 2003. Its main purpose is to allow professionals to network with each other in order to increase their productivity. When you join this social media website, you will be granted access to users, news, jobs and valuable insights.
Social Media Management: LinkedIn Numbers
- There are over 345 million LinkedIn users (More than 105 million in the United States).
- More than 185 million unique visitors utilize this social networking site every month.
- According to some recent studies, LinkedIn has users from more than 200 countries.
- More than 40% of LinkedIn users check out this website every day.
- Users can increase their visibility 11xs by adding a picture and 13xs if they list their skills.
- The average time that a person spends on LinkedIn on a monthly basis is of 17 minutes.
- The most overused keyword on LinkedIn in 2014 was “Motivated.”
- The percentage of users on LinkedIn that are located outside the United States is 70%
- When it comes to genre demographics, 56% of users are male, and 44% are female.
- Around 39 million recent grads and current students are on LinkedIn.
- International Numbers: 17 million users in the UK, 10 million in the Middle East, 91 million in Asia, 28 million in India, 6 million in Australia, and 6 million in China.
- There are currently more than 3 million active job listings on LinkedIn.
- There are more than 4 million business pages on LinkedIn.
- According to recent studies, the best time to post on LinkedIn is between 10 am and 2pm.
Social Media Management: LinkedIn Business Tips
The Summary Section
This is certainly one of the most overlooked sections on LinkedIn. Use the 2000 characters available on this section in order to speak to your target audience. Make sure to write in 1st person, and also include all possible relevant data concerning your business.
Custom Profile URL
Instead of using a URL that contains a lot of characters and numbers, you can use a custom URL, which can include your name, or the one for your company or brand, for example. This will give your profile a cleaner, professional appearance.
Finally in the middle of 2014, LinkedIn made it possible for users to add a cover photo to their profiles. Using a cover photo is great because it adds more personality to an account. Just remember that this social network is business-oriented, so try to choose your picture accordingly. In order to add a cover photo, use the edit profile option, and then click on ‘Add a Background Photo’, or if you already have one, just hover over it, and then edit it. This photo must be a GIF, JPG or PNG file and it must have a resolution of 1400 x 425 pixels for the best visual experience.
Using a Badge
A LinkedIn badge is perfect to promote your blog or website. A person can use one of these badges in order to link his site to his public LinkedIn profile with the goal of expanding his professional network. LinkedIn offers a variety of badges, and the user can choose the one that is most convenient for him.
Optimizing Anchor Text for Links
You can change the regular ‘Personal Website’ anchor text for a keyword phrase that is related to your profession or business in order to make this link more attractive to the search engines. You can also do this with the other 3 links for websites on your LinkedIn profile. In order to edit this data, go to the ‘Contact Info’ section and click the pencil icon next to each link in order to make the necessary adjustments.
SEO for your Profile
In order to increase your chances of getting found at the top search engines, you can add keyword terms of interest to the different sections of your LinkedIn profile.
Showing Work Samples
LinkedIn is a social media network that allows users to add a number of media sources, such as documents, pics, videos, links and even presentations to their Summary, Experience and Education sections. This is quite important because it gives visitors a better idea of who the profile owner is thanks to previous working experiences.
LinkedIn makes it possible for users to save up to 3 people searches and also 10 job searches. When doing a search, if you want to save the data obtained, just click the ‘Save Search’ option in order to be able to run it again at a later time. You can also opt for receiving reminders either on a monthly or weekly basis.
LinkedIn only allows the user to send messages to other users with whom the person shares a 1st-degree connection. However, a premium account includes the OpenLink option, which allows the owner of this account type to always be available to get messages from other LinkedIn members (this is of course optional).
Introductions to Not Connected Users
If you want to be introduced to a second-degree connection, you can do so if both share a first-degree connection. In this case, just visit the profile of the second-degree connection and click on the triangular drop-down arrow at the top of the person’s profile and click on the option that reads ‘Get Introduced’ and explain why you want to link up with such individual.
‘Network Updates’ is LinkedIn’s version of the News Feed from Facebook. You can check Network Updates on a regular basis in order to find out what your current connections are up to. This view can be sorted by ‘Recent Updates’ or ‘Top Updates.’
Let other users know who you are when you visit their profiles. In order to do so, go to settings, and pick the options you want to make visible when you visit other people’s profiles. It is recommended that you check off the ‘Your Name and Headline’ option.
Check out who has viewed your Profile
LinkedIn includes a feature called ‘Who’s Viewed Your Profile’ in order to verify who has been viewing your profile. In order to have access to this information, just click on the Profile dropdown menu and click on this option.
LinkedIn and Twitter
LinkedIn and Twitter split relationships back in 2012, and since then, users can no longer sync tweets with their LinkedIn accounts. However, the opposite is possible, as you can post updates from your LinkedIn profile on Twitter. You can do this by syndicating your chosen updates to Twitter by selecting the ‘Everyone + Twitter’ option, which is available from the “Share With’ dropdown menu.
The mentions option from LinkedIn is similar to that one from Twitter and Facebook. If you want a given user to check out a given update, just include the “@” symbol next to the name of the user.
Optimize Company Page
Make sure that your company page includes a high-quality banner image and the optimal layout. Just remember that as of April 2014 LinkedIn no longer provides support for the ‘Products & Services’ tab on the different Company Pages. For this reason, we recommend you to take advantage of this social network’s brand new Showcase Pages.
Targeted Showcase Pages
A ‘Showcase Page’ is a niche page that can be used to promote key services or products, allowing you to provide a more personalized experience for the visitors of your company page. Users can follow Showcase Pages without having to follow a specific main page for a brand or company (or its other Showcase Pages). A Showcase Page can be created by clicking on the ‘Create a Showcase page’ from the ‘Edit’ dropdown menu, located at the top right hand side of the Company Page.
Company Status Updates
In order to get the most out of your LinkedIn profile, we recommend you to publish ‘Company Status Updates’, and in order to increase your chances of making such posts even more visible, you can use the targeting options from this social networking site, which allows you to target your new status updates to the ‘Network Updates’ feed for key users. A Page admin has the option of targeting new posts by industry, current job position, seniority, company size, geography and also by either including or excluding employees from a given company.
Pulse is a section from LinkedIn where users can find trendy articles and content that is tailored to their particular interests.Use the ‘Your News’ tab in order to check what the users that you currently follow are publishing on this social media website. You can also use the ‘Top Posts’ tab to keep an eye on what is most relevant and popular on Pulse generally, or the ‘Discover’ tab in order to find and follow influencers from your industry. There is also the option of getting weekly or daily email notifications with summaries of the current content from Pulse news, or with updates from influencers.
Content Marketing Score and Trending Content
Using the Score option from LinkedIn’s Marketing Solutions’ clients, it is possible to measure user engagement related to Company Pages, updates from employees, Sponsored Updates, Groups and posts by influencers. This tool also provides recommendations on how to improve these metrics.
You can also have a good idea of what type of content is currently the most popular on LinkedIn by making use of the ‘Trending Content’ resource. This is a tool that provides data such as the content that is being shared by a variety of segments and audiences. This information can give you a good idea of what is the kind of content your company should be crafting and sharing on LinkedIn in order to create the most engagement.
It seems that LinkedIn is the one that offers the best visitor-to-lead conversion rate. In order to generate leads on LinkedIn, make sure to promote and share links to the landing pages from your website or to the posts from your blog. You can share these links on your Company Status Updates, in Showcase Pages, Groups, and also in CTO or call-to-actions published on Pulse.
Ads and Sponsored Updates
If you are planning to integrate paid advertising to your organic marketing efforts, LinkedIn Ads is a doubtless a good option. These PPC or pay-per-click ads are highly targeted, which means that they are designed to reach out the people that you really want to sell your services or products to.
LinkedIn groups also offer a great deal of statistics, and a user can have access to this info, even if he’s not a direct member of a specific group. If you want to check on stats from a given group, click on the desired group, click the gear icon, and then click again on Group Statistics in the About section.
This data reveals how many members a group has, how active they are, their seniority, their location, their actual function and most importantly, their industry. With this information at hand, you can find out if a given group is one that you want to join, and it can also help you determine what type of groups you need to target with your LinkedIn Ads.
Social Media Management: Tips for your LinkedIn Groups
- Work with free webinars, and at the end of the video, let people know that you have extra valuable info to offer them, such as a new live event, a membership special deal, or even private consulting.
- Use a name for the group that clearly states what the group is all about.
- Get in touch with industry influencers and invite them to join in.
- Do special stuff to show your appreciation for the group members, even if it is as simple as sending a thank you card.
Sales Prospecting and Social Selling
If you have read so far, you are now probably aware of the fact that the tips previously mentioned can be of great help when it comes to sales. Make sure that you utilize tools such as Introduction Requests, Saved Searches, Groups and Skills, just to name a few, in order to come up with some outstanding social selling content.
Company Follow and Share Buttons
If you want to promote your LinkedIn profile through your website or blog, you can add both the follow and share buttons to your different content assets, including posts on your blog, landing pages and emails.
Growing your Email Marketing List
You can also use LinkedIn in order to grow your email marketing list, and you can do so by creating a nice letter, thanking people for staying connected to you on this social media website. Make sure to add a general apology to the letter about the lack of personalization. Add a direct link for the email signup page, and also tell the user what he will get by becoming a member of your emailing list. LinkedIn allows you to message fifty users at a time.
You can also pay in order to get your post updates pushed into a given user’s LinkedIn feed. This is a PPC tool that works with demographics (age, location, gender, etc), but it goes a step beyond by allowing the user to sort its targets by industry, the name of a company, a job title, a job function, the skills of the targeted user, the schools the person went to, and the groups the person is a member of. This is a great way to push your services or products to primary prospective clients in a subtle way, and without a strong call to action.
If one of your posts starts gaining momentum, LinkedIn is going to add a spotlight behind it in a given category, exposing it to thousands of people. For that reason, when posting directly on LinkedIn, make sure that you make posts as interesting and informative as possible in order to increase your chances of getting exposed to a broader audience.
Give Face to Employees
It is also a great idea to encourage your whole team of employees to get their own profiles on LinkedIn. Remember: the stronger the presence of your company on this social media website the better.
It’s a Numbers Game
Indeed, LinkedIn is more science and less art, which means that it is all about the numbers on this social media networking website. The more people you can reach out to with your status updates, etc, the more chances of getting conversions for your business.
Avoid Hard Selling
The worst thing that you can do on any social media networking site is to appear as a salesman that is constantly pushing his products or services. Instead of interrupting people, try to be discovered on LinkedIn. Read as much as you can on inbound content marketing strategies, and put all that knowledge to work for you.
First Connections, Then Relationships
Remember: LinkedIn is a social media networking website aimed at professionals. So, you must first link up with prospective partners, referrals and other type of business individuals. Then, the next step is to decide how to nurture such connections in order to build real relationships that can lead to future business deals and opportunities.
Endorsements and Recommendations
An endorsement or a recommendation should come your way naturally. For this reason, avoid sending a generic email asking people to endorse you or to write a nice recommendation.
Remain active on LinkedIn’s ‘Questions and Answers’
Another great way to stay active on LinkedIn with the goal of recruiting prospective clients is to answer questions. First, find a given question that you really feel confident about answering. Then, click on ‘reply privately’ in order to let the other party know that you have responded to his answer. Doing this is quite advantageous because there can be many answers, so answering privately will direct the asker’s attention to your post.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this extensive social media management guide, thanks for reading!