Washington Redskins Betting Odds
Washington Redskins Betting Odds | How to Bet on Sports
Washington Redskins Betting Odds: The Average Line
When searching for Washington Redskins Betting Odds, this is how an online sports betting line looks like:
Redskins: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Buccaneers -350 (bet $110 to win $100) | Redskins +270 (bet $100 to win $270)
- Against the spread/ATS: Buccaneers -7 (-110) | Redskins +7 (-110)
- Over/Under: 46.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Learn more about NFL Point Spreads with this guide.
Washington Redskins Biography
The Redskins is a professional football team based out of Washington, DC. They are part of the National Football Conference East division, and they play their games at FedExField. The Redskins are known as The Washington Team for the 2020 season.
Washington Redskins Team Accomplishments
- NFL Championships (pre-1970 AFL–NFL merger) (2): 1937, 1942
- Super Bowl championships (3): 1982 (XVII), 1987 (XXII), 1991 (XXVI)
- Conference championships (5): NFC: 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
- Division championships (14): NFL Eastern: 1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945. NFC East: 1972, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999, 2012, 2015
- Playoff appearances (24): NFL: 1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1999, 2005, 2007, 2012, 2015
Washington Redskins Brief History
This team began its professional history back in 1932, when they were known as the Boston Braves, switching to Redskins the following season. 5 years later, in 1937, the team relocated to Washington, a place they have called home since then.
The team was able to win the 1937 and 1942 championship games, and they have also obtained Super Bowls XVII, XXII, and XXVI.
They have also appeared at the postseason a total of 24 times, and currently hold a 23-18 playoff record. They have as many Super Bowl titles as the Raiders and the Broncos, and are behind the Giants and Packers with four each; the Cowboys and 49ers with five each; and the Steelers and the Patriots with six each.
An interesting factor is that all of the league titles by the Redskins were acquired during two different 10-year periods: First from 1936 to 1945, and then from 1982 to 1991.
The team has also gone through some dark periods, especially between 1946 and 1970, posting only four winning seasons during those years, without a single playoff appearance. According to Forbes magazine, this is the fifth most valuable NFL franchise, valued at $3,1 billion.
Washington Redskins Team Rivalries
This is a significant rivalry not just because the teams hate each other, but also because of the big accomplishments by the two franchises throughout history.
They have actually acquired a combined 31 division titles and 10 Championships, including 8 combined Super Bowl titles.
The rivalry was born back in 1960, when Dallas joined the league as an expansion franchise. That very first season the teams were part of different divisions, but the following year they were put in the same one.
\And from that point on, they have meet twice during the regular season every single year. These two teams have played each other a total of 118 times, and Dallas holds the all-time record at 71-45-2.
Learn how to bet on sports, then check for the latest Washington Redskins Betting Odds, and place a bet!