Minnesota Vikings Betting Odds | How to Bet on Sports
Minnesota Vikings Betting Odds: The Average Line
When searching for Minnesota Vikings Betting Odds, this is how an online sports betting line looks like:
Vikings: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Vikings -350 (bet $110 to win $100) | Patriots +270 (bet $100 to win $270)
- Against the spread/ATS: Vikings -7 (-110) | Patriots +7 (-110)
- Over/Under: 46.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Learn more about NFL Point Spreads with this guide.
Minnesota Vikings Biography
The Vikings are a professional football team based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. They are part of the National Football Conference North division, and they play their games at US Bank Stadium.
Minnesota Vikings Team Accomplishments
- NFL Championships (pre-1970 AFL–NFL merger) (1): 1969
- Conference championships (4): NFL Western: 1969. NFC: 1973, 1974, 1976
- Division championships (20): NFL Central: 1968, 1969. NFC Central: 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1989, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2000. NFC North: 2008, 2009, 2015, 2017
- Playoff appearances (29): NFL: 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017
Minnesota Vikings Brief History
The Vikings were born in 1960 as an NFL expansion franchise, with the first official season coming the following year. An interesting fact is that their name is related to Minnesota as a center of Scandinavian American culture.
In 1969, the Vikings were able to secure a winning 12-2 record, and ended up winning their first NFL Championship Game, which grant them a ticket for Super Bowl IV, but they lost that match to the Chiefs 23-7.
Although they didn’t win any league-wide championship titles during the seventies, this decade can be considered as quite successful for this team. And the reason is because they were able to secure three NFL Western titles in 1973, 1974, and 1976.
Those were actually the last three conference titles the team will get. But they’ve won their division time and time again since then, with the last of these divisional titles coming in 2017, when they managed to win the NFC North.
Minnesota Vikings Team Rivalries
Green Bay Packers
This rivalry also had its origins back in 1961, and according to the experts, this is the biggest of the rivalries for the Vikings, mostly due to geographic and cultural proximity. The rivalry is very well known for its close matches, and the closeness of the all-time series, which is currently led by the Packers at 61-54-3.
This is a rivalry that started back in 1961, when Minnesota entered the league as an expansion franchise. The very first meeting between these two finished with a 37-13 victory for the Vikings. As members of the same division, these two teams faced each other at least twice every season. Minnesota current leads the series at 60-55-2.
These two teams have also been rivals since 1961. The Lions had the series lead during the 60’s, but then the Vikings took the lead for the next two decades. The series became a tie back in the 90’s, and then Minnesota took the lead once again during the 2000’s winning 18 of their 20 meetings during that decade. This current decade they are tied at 9 wins for each team. And, the Vikings lead the overall series at 74-39-2.
Learn how to bet on sports, then check for the latest Minnesota Vikings Betting Odds, and place a bet!