Chicago Bears Betting Odds | How to Bet on Sports
Chicago Bears Betting Odds: The Average Line
When searching for Chicago Bears Betting Odds, this is how an online sports betting line looks like:
Bears: Betting odds, spread and lines
- Money line: Bears -350 (bet $110 to win $100) | Patriots +270 (bet $100 to win $270)
- Against the spread/ATS: Bears -7 (-110) | Patriots +7 (-110)
- Over/Under: 46.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Learn more about NFL Point Spreads with this guide.
Chicago Bears Biography
The Bears are a professional football team based out of Chicago, Illinois. The team is part of the National Football Conference North division, and they play their games at Soldier Field.
Chicago Bears Team Accomplishments
- NFL Championships (pre-1970 AFL–NFL merger) (8): 1921, 1932, 1933, 1940, 1941, 1943, 1946, 1963Super Bowl championships (1): 1985 (XX)
- Conference championships (4): NFL Western: 1956, 1963: NFC: 1985, 2006
- Division championships (21): NFL Western: 1933, 1934, 1937, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1946, 1956, 1963. NFC Central: 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 2001. NFC North: 2005, 2006, 2010, 2018
- Playoff appearances (26): NFL: 1933, 1934, 1937, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, 1946, 1950, 1956, 1963, 1977, 1979, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1994, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2018
Chicago Bears Brief History
The Bears were born back in 1920 in Decatur, Illinois, making the move to the city of Chicago just a year later. This team is only one of two NFL founding members, along with the Arizona Cardinals, to remain active to this day. The most glorious era for the Bears came between 1983 and 1985, just after Mike Ditka became part of the team.
Ditka is famous for being the only person in football’s modern era to have won an NFL title both as a player and as a coach for the same team. He played at the tight end position for Chicago from 1961 until 1966, and then he got hired to coach the team in 1982.
Under Ditka’s command, the team made it to the NFC Championship game in 1984, and the following season they acquired their first and only post AFL-NFL era Super Bowl title after defeating the Patriots 46-10. They were dominant throughout the whole year, much in part to their then-revolutionary “46 defense” scheme. And they ended up losing just a single game during this season.
Chicago Bears Team Rivalries
Green Bay Packers
The Packers have been the top rivals for the Bears since the 20’s. The teams have played each other twice during the postseason, with Chicago winning the 1941 game 33-14, and Green Bay taking the 2011 game 21-14. It’s the Packers that lead the overall series 97-95-6.
These teams have been rivals since the Vikings joined the league back in 1961. They play at least two times every single season, and the rivalry is famous because it has featured a lot of offensive-oriented contests, including some very surprising results. It’s the Vikings that lead the series between these two franchises, with a record of 60-54-2. They have met only once during the postseason, with the 35-18 win coming for the Bears at the 1994 Wild Card Round.
These two teams have been playing each other since the Lions entered the league back in 1930. They split the first two games ever, and then the Bears took the lead in the series, which is currently at 99-74-5.
Learn how to bet on sports, then check for the latest Chicago Bears Betting Odds, and place a bet!