There are hundreds of curious facts about the big game, and we’ve put together a list of the top 10 most interesting facts about the Super Bowl. Enjoy!
Super Bowl Top 10 Fun & Curious Facts
Check out a list of the 10 funniest and most curious facts about the Super Bowl. How many are you familiarized with?
READ: Sports Betting Explained.
- 1.Public has the Power: the line movement is dictated by the general public, and not the action of wiseguys or sharps.
- 2.What Doesn’t Happen in Vegas: If you love crazy Super Bowl props, like, “How many Doritos ads will there be by halftime?”, then you won’t find that kind of action in Las Vegas or other regulated USA markets. Instead, check out offshore sportsbooks, and then the sky is the limit.
- 3.You Aren’t Betting $1 Million on the Coin Flip: Forget about placing a big numbers wager on a crazy prop as sportsbooks just won’t take it. The reason? Bookies base their lines on analysis, and these props are just out of question in this regard.
- 4.Million-Dollar Bets are Rare—Even for the Super Bowl: And talking about betting millions, on the big game, a million-dollar wager on the Super Bowl is actually a rarity.
- 5.Frantic 48 Hours: Although bettors have weeks to bet on the Super Bowl, just like college students cramming for exams, the public always waits for the actual big game weekend to place their bets.
- 6.Flushing: Everybody’s enjoying the big game, and then it happens: it’s half time! And that’s when everybody runs to use the bathroom. With everybody using the facilities at the same time, the city water usage can run out of control. This is exactly what happened back in 1984 when a water main broke in Salt Lake City on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 7.Avocado: Although Cinco de Mayo is the day when most people eat avocado, the Super Bowl comes at a close second. You just can’t enjoy the big game in the same way without your own share of delicious guacamole.
- 8.Sick Day: If you’re thinking about calling in sick on Sunday to watch the Super Bowl, just keep in mind this is the most used day by the general population to ask for sick leave!
- 9.Alcohol: Apart from New Year’s Eve, the Super Bowl is the other day of the year with the biggest alcohol consumption.
- 10.Lingerie: Sales for lingerie go up just a couple of days before the Super Bowl as wives across the USA try to find reasons to keep their husbands away from the TV.
- Source: 5 things you didn’t know about Super Bowl betting | WREG.com
- Source: Top Facts & Information You Didn’t Know About the Super Bowl
READ: Online Sports Betting
Categories: Sports Betting News