268 games down, one to go. Super Bowl LV is set, with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers taking on the Kansas City Chiefs. And, what’s important is that for the first time ever, one of the two franchises disputing the big game will be doing so at their home field. and as underdogs!
Do you think the current opening Super Bowl 2021 odds are fair? Will Brady let this one go to the guy that’s his sure successor as the top quarterback in the league? Or will the veteran reinsure his position as the G.O.A.T. and beat the Kansas City Star?
Super Bowl LIV Betting Odds
- Kansas City Chiefs at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- SUNDAY, FEB. 7 • 6:30 P.M. • Raymond James Stadium (Tampa, Fla.)
- SPREAD: Chiefs (-3) | TOTAL: 56
Who’s the favorite to be named Super Bowl LV MVP?
Oddsmakers favor Mahomes, Brady:
- Super Bowl LIV MVP Patrick Mahomes (-120)
- Tampa Bay QB and four-time Big Game MVP winner Tom Brady (+187)
Notable futures bets
- $115,000 on Kansas City at + 150 odds at William Hill (Nevada)
- $40,000 on Tampa Bay 12-1 at William Hill (Washington D.C.)
- $120,000 bet at William Hill on the Chiefs -3 (-120).
Super Bowl LV: Why Betting Early
To place a Super Bowl LV bet a week before the big game can be quite beneficial. Why? because you’re wagering ahead of the public, and that means that you can capitalize on the original number the bookies set.
For example, right now the line is opening at -3, but come the day of the game, the line can move closer to -2 or even -1. And, when it comes to NFL Point Spreads, a single point can make a world of difference.
With that said, there’s also some risk involved in wagering on a game with so much anticipation. For example, players can get ruled out, especially now that we’re dealing with the covid 19 pandemic. And those late, unexpected scratches can move the spread line considerably.
Brady vs. Mahomes 2021 NFL Season Quarterback Stats
Everybody thought Brady was done after leaving the Pats, but the 43 year-old veteran is playing some top-shelf football in his first season as the starting quarterback for the Buccaneers. Check out his stats vs those of Mahomes:
Categories: Sports Betting News