NFL Week 13 Betting Recap
For those betting, this season has been a disaster, while the sportsbooks are winning big.
Plus Denver, a +13 point spread, managed to cover versus another heavy favorite, the Chiefs, with a final score of 22-16.
Now, let’s put a big exclamation point on that Seattle game.
That outcome truly destroyed parlay and teaser betslips, allowing the bookies to feel care-free about the night game between Kansas City and the Broncos.
This is five weeks in a row that bettors are the losers in the NFL wagering game.
What’s weird is that the season really didn’t start that way.
In fact, bettors had some great weeks, but as of late it’s been terrible for the public indeed.
Those placing bets on underdogs are dominating those betting the chalk. With dogs dominating ATS betting by 57%.
And, a large majority of bettors actually bet favorites.
So, that explains why bettors have been doing so poorly, while bookmaking operations continue to be the biggest winners of the season.
NFL Week 13 Betting Recap 2020 By The Numbers
- Biggest Upset: Giants vs Seahawks +11
- Biggest ATS cover margin: Patriots vs Chargers +47, victory by 45 points as a 2-point dog.
- Most points above O/U line: Browns vs Titans +22, total of 76 points vs Over / Under line of 54.
- Most points below O/U line: Giants vs Seahawks -19.5, total of 45 points vs Over / Under line of 48.5.
- The most points scored versus team expectation: Patriots, 45 points versus 22.2 expected.
- Fewest points scored versus team expectation: Chargers 0 points versus 24.5 expected.
NFL Week 13 Betting Recap 2020: Chargers vs Pats
The Patriots blasted the Chargers 45-0 during Week 13 for the biggest margin of this NFL regular-season date.
But what’s really noticeable about this result is the total yardage as it was very close.
At the end of the game, New England had scored 45 points with 291 offensive yards, while the Chargers scored no points for 258 offensive yards.
Now, during the last fifty NFL seasons, there have been just thirteen games where a squad had obtained a victory by forty or more points while gaining less than one hundred yards more than the rival.
And, the Pats’ 45-0 margin ties for second place in scoring margin during a game where the teams were within one hundred yards of each other.
The only other game that’s higher was the Packers’ 52-3 victory over the Saints back in 2005.
Categories: Sports Betting News