NFL Game Recap Week 8: A 25-17 road win allowed the Falcons to claim revenge over the Panthers on Thursday Night Football. This after the loss they suffered to Carolina earlier in the month.
NFL Game Recap Week 8: Atlanta Falcons
- Matt Ryan finished with 281 yards and a single touchdown, while teammate Younghoe Koo finished with 4 field goals.
- This meant the second victory of the season for a struggling Atlanta squad that’s currently 2-6.
- The home team had the tie in their hands as Teddy Bridgewater had ball possession, and was in the Falcons’ 10-yard line with less than a minute remaining.
- But a good defensive work by Blidi Wreh-Wilson made it impossible for Bridgewater to score, which could have given the Panthers the chance to go for a 2-pointer and tie the game.
Atlanta’s coach Raheem Morris emphasized this factor: “That’s what we’ve been talking about, ending games with either sacks or interceptions and the guys went out today and did exactly that” he said.
- Also for the winners, Todd Gurley finished with a touchdown and 46 yards, while Julio Jones had 137 yards receiving vs a terrible Carolina secondary.
- Falcons defensive lineup also limited the locals to 2 of 10 on third-down conversions, improving to 2-1 since Morris came as a replacement for Dan Quinn as HC.
NFL Game Recap Week 8: Carolina Panthers
Carolina’s head coach Matt Rhule knows that his team lacked offense, mentioning that “We had a hard time blocking their front. We weren’t able to get our receivers involved. We were 2 of 10 on third downs and we can’t live like that.”
- Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater tried to revive his team at the last minute in front of a reduced crowd of a little more than 5,000 due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- Bridgewater was ejected after getting hit by Charles Harris, resulting in a neck injury.
- He returned with less than three minutes in the clock, but despite a late good effort, his team lost the game.
- On his performance, Bridgewater mentioned that Tough loss and we have to find ways to finish the game. That can’t be the common thing around here, coming up short.”
NFL Game Recap Week 8: Falcons Revenge
- This game was pure revenge for Atlanta as they got defeated by the Panthers 23-16 just 18 days ago.
- At that game, Bridgewater was able to throw for two TD’s and 313 yards, plus Mike Davis finished with 149 yards rushing.
- This time, Davis was held to just 77 yards.
- And, Jones, who was a difference-maker, didn’t play in the first game.
- Jones proved how weak Carolina’s secondary looked like without two top starters, and without Donte Jackson, who re-injured his toe during the first half.
NFL Game Recap Week 8: Injuries
- Falcons: WR Calvin Ridley wasn’t able to finish the game due to an ankle injury. He didn’t return, and his status is unclear. Also, Kendall Sheffield suffered a head injury early in the game but later returned.
- Panthers: CB Donte Jackson was forced to leave due to a lingering toe injury.
NFL Game Recap Week 8: Up Next
- Falcons: Atlanta is hosting the Denver Broncos on November 8.
- Panthers: They’re opening the second half of the second against the reigning champs, the Chiefs.
We hope you enjoyed our quick NFL Game Recap Week 8 for the game Falcons vs Panthers, keep checking for more info on the current season.
Categories: Sports Betting News